GBB Blog RSS

By GBB Staff Introduction Time to put away our shorts and break out our golf slacks. Golfers can stop worrying about the heat and must start being concerned with frost delays. Will you need the hand-warmers and a stocking cap for your next round? The weather is changing, and another golf season is coming to an end. Before we switch our focus to 2022, lets pause for a moment and reflect on the best highlights from this year. What sticks in your mind about the 2021 golf season? It was an awesome year to be a golf fan. Here are...

Read more

By GBB Staff Introduction The frozen greens and frost delays of winter – no thanks. You can keep the scorching sun and humidity of summer afternoons. Dormant grass and bumpy greens of spring – don’t love it. Fall is our favorite season for golf, and it has nothing to do with pumpkin spice lattes. Why do we love golf in the fall? We will explore the obvious reasons below, but there is something about the end of the golf season. Fall feels like your last chance for glory. Could this be the year you finally make a hole-in-one or break...

Read more

By GBB Staff Introduction  What is the best sport on the planet? Great question. It sounds like an argument that could go on in a Sports Bar for several hours. There are many great choices. Basketball, football, soccer, baseball, cricket, darts, hockey, bowling, or swimming. All great options, but none of them are the right answer. The clear winner is Golf and to be honest, we don’t even think it is close. Do you agree or do you think we are crazy? Hear us out. Below we have outlined our argument – give it a read. Have an open mind...

Read more

By GBB Staff Introduction I've always preferred to walk the course during my rounds. I like the idea of getting as much exercise as possible while playing, and I've found that a stroll of about 5-6 miles with a push cart is one of the best way to maximize my health benefits; in fact, in a comprehensive 9-hole study by Dr. Neil Wolkodoff of the Colorado Center of Health and Sports Science, it was shown (among many other things) that golfers who used a push cart burned 718 calories during their round. So Which Push Cart Did I Decide On? There are so...

Read more

By GBB Staff Introduction What is the one thing that professional golfers understand that most amateur golfers forget? Golf is much more of a mental test than a physical one. Two of my favorite golf quotes are related to this subject. Bobby Jones said, “Golf is a game played on a 5-inch course – the distance between your ears”. Jim Flick once described the game in this way, “Golf is 90% mental and the other 10% is mental too”. We have all done it. We hit the ball great on the driving range, but once we get to the course,...

Read more

x